Saturday 6 March 2010

Rememberance

Wow what a great shoot out topic!

I have so many pictures I would love to share but I have selected those which mean the most.
The above photo is of my family, in particular my big brother Peter Geraint Kyffin at his "passing out" parade in Ryton, England. Peter was 18 in this photo and shortly after it was taken he was policing the famous "minors riots"

These are just some of the floral tributes for Peter when he died on 10th September 1990 after a car accident. Mine is the heart in the centre.

Peters grave stone. His ashes are interred here in Gresford Parish Church were he was married, where I was married and where my first son was christened. Its a lovely spot with Yew trees and visiting squirrels. He would have liked that! He was a wonderful big brother. Yes we had our squabbles and arguments, he was a terrible teaser but if anyone said or did something to hurt me he would be down on them like a ton of bricks. When he died I felt as though my arms had been cut off, a part of me was gone.


This is a picture of me and my best friend Karen Scott in my garden when we were about 9 or 10. Sadly, Karen died when she was 17 after a car crash. I really miss her.

My first pony Shilo - my soul mate.
He really was my soul mate too, we formed a bond which was unique. I think about him all of the time, even more so now that we have Cola as Cola reminds me of him so much.



My horse Mac who died a few years ago, he was a gentle giant. We parted ways following the birth of my eldest son. I will always remember him with love and fondness.






2 comments:

  1. I have met so many, and made blog connections from my loss over the past year, and I am glad to have met you as well...of course I am sorry for the loss, and think how it would be if my siblings would have gone so early...my sister and I talk about our pets we loved so dearly, and I understand how horses are great joys for you and others. I was afraid of horses, but have funny memories of landing on tree limbs when they wanted to go back to the barn, rather than cart a 'newbie' around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you shared your memory of your brother with us.

    It didnt occur to me to share my memory of my pets. But I have lots of pets that i really miss.

    ReplyDelete