Friday 19 February 2010

Town Plazas

this was a difficult topic for me this week because I have been so busy so I was unable to go out and grab some shots. I live in the village of Rossett which is part of the town of Wrexham (Wrecsam) in North Wales. The above picture whilst not a plaza, is one of the main streets of the town centre.
The library is situated in the town centre, it was built in the 1970's and this strange head can be seen sticking out of the gardens.

Not from my town but Edinburgh, Scotland - Greyfriars Bobby!


My Swiss Italian friends pretending to beg on the main high street of Wrexham town.



6 comments:

  1. Haha, I like that head by the library! Were your friends successful in their endeavor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one reminds me of a character in one my boys television shows...and then as I was scrolling downward, I saw the dog but it appeared to be LARGE and attached to the building until I kept scrolling and realized that it was the angle :) - a great treat for my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that head by the library. It's weird, but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Greyfriars Bobby! I wish that statue were here.

    This week's topic was very difficult for most of us in the western US, where town plazas simply don't exist. But I see that it wasn't exactly easy for those of us in other countries either. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think this was an easy topic, either! But, as always, it's amazing what the team comes up with. I enjoyed your photos, Sara.

    ReplyDelete